Sunday, January 4, 2015

A bridge not too far


Happy Newish Year! 

A belated New Year's wish to all you fine folk out there in the blogosphere, and apologies for being three days late. My excuse, and I'm sticking to it, is that I was taking this photo (and just a few others) of the Sydney Harbour Bridge in full festive firework swing when the New Year struck and have been in recovery mode ever since -- I don't think my hearing will ever be the same. This is 
A LOT LOUDER than it looks! 

Also, I have been off-line since flying to Oz on the 23rd, which explains why I haven't blogged ANYTHING for an unforgivable twelve days. The twelve days of Christmas, we shall call it, and be forgiven. I gave my blog brain a holiday too. So sue me. I wish you all the very best of luck with that!

That said, I am a little ashamed of my somewhat woeful slowful blog count for 2014; not even a round hundred and less than half of what I blogged in 2013, a year I only began in the April! Getting this year off to a slow start does not bode well for the trend either, but I have resolved, you'll be pleased to hear, along with various writing-related resolutions for 2015, to do better on this front, a nice vague resolution that protects me (and you) from disappointment. Particularly protected will be all those who believe quality is a better measure of 'better' than quantity and less is invariably more... 
You will not be Australians, I fear. 

Meanwhile, I have had a very nice off-line holiday back home in Sydney with my brother, sister, various in-laws, lovely little nephew, family friends and dear old mum. Thank you for asking. And Christmas Day put on one of the best natural fireworks' displays I've ever seen, prompting me to write a second 'afterword' for my Aussie memoir, so that was good. Never mind less is more. Not for us Aussies. In Australia, two is always better than one, less is less and more is MORE. And because I've already had one rejection back from an Aussie publisher for said memoir submitted just before Christmas, with only the one afterword, I think that must have been the reason: not enough words and at least one too few afterwords. Fortunately, I only submitted it like that to EIGHT publishers. I have three more up my sleeve who will see the new and improved, more is MORE draft. 

But that's a different story. For now, I wish you all a grand start to a year filled with more of what you want and less of what you don't, or more of what you need and less of what you want, if you're anything like me and the two rarely coincide. 

Sacha
(Auckland)

          

No comments:

Post a Comment