Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Scarface mum

Before
I put this photo of my latest bout of skin cancer up on Facebook and Twitter recently and kind of regretted it, and eventually took it down, so... now I'm posting it on my blog! It all makes perfect sense.

Sorry. I can't seem to help myself.

But the difference here is that my boys, who reacted strongly to the Facebook and Twitter postings, describing it as a shameless and pathetic act of attention seeking, don't read my blog unless I link it to Facebook, which I won't do in this case. I'm not silly.

After
The thing is, though, that it's my face and if I can't put my face on my Facebook account then what good is it, my face or my account? I reckon I should be able to show my face where I want, whatever state it's in, without anyone thinking I'm pathetic. I know that's asking a bit much in the case of this face and my boys, who have long wanted a regular mum who doesn't embarrass them at every turn and been all out of luck there in oh so many ways, but still I don't see why it's such a big deal for them (or their friends!). My daughter has had much less to say about it and I think, at a push, might even respect me for showing my face at a less than flattering angle.

Meanwhile... if anyone out there has figured out the secrets of time travel, please let me go with you back to the seventies to make sure I NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER GO OUT IN THE SUN.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment